Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.37 meters/second, 1524.1 km/hour, 947.1 miles/hour or 823.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||946.76 mi||West||0° 03' 25.0"||3.92 mi||North||946.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 47.3"||755.15 mi||East||0° 56' 34.3"||64.86 mi||North||755.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puebla||Sun 6:36 PM||73 km||45 miles||39 nm||SW|
|Tizayuca||Sun 6:36 PM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Sun 6:36 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||W|
|Veracruz||Sun 6:36 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||ESE|
|Cuernavaca||Sun 6:36 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||WSW|
|Oaxaca||Sun 6:36 PM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||SSE|
|Querétaro||Sun 6:36 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||WNW|
|Acapulco||Sun 6:36 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||SW|
|Santa María Huatulco||Sun 6:36 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||SSE|
|San Luis Potosi||Sun 6:36 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.