Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.23 meters/second, 1523.6 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.7"||946.45 mi||West||0° 03' 20.1"||3.82 mi||North||946.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 00.2"||755.15 mi||East||0° 54' 34.0"||62.56 mi||North||755.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Sun 7:30 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||ENE|
|Mazatlan||Sun 6:30 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||NE|
|Tepic||Sun 6:30 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Sun 7:30 PM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||E|
|Durango||Sun 7:30 PM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Sun 7:30 PM||920 km||571 miles||497 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Sun 7:30 PM||965 km||599 miles||521 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 6:30 PM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||N|
|San Luis Potosi||Sun 7:30 PM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||ENE|
|Chihuahua||Sun 6:30 PM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.