Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 2:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.11 meters/second, 1523.2 km/hour, 946.5 miles/hour or 822.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.1"||946.16 mi||West||0° 03' 15.5"||3.74 mi||North||946.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 12.2"||755.15 mi||East||0° 52' 42.2"||60.43 mi||North||755.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sun 6:20 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Sun 6:20 PM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 7:20 PM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||NE|
|Mexicali||Sun 6:20 PM||1623 km||1008 miles||876 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 6:20 PM||1665 km||1034 miles||899 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Sun 7:20 PM||1751 km||1088 miles||945 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 7:20 PM||1871 km||1163 miles||1010 nm||NNE|
|San Jose (USA)||Sun 6:20 PM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Sun 6:20 PM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Sun 6:20 PM||2014 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.