Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 2:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.08 meters/second, 1523.1 km/hour, 946.4 miles/hour or 822.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.1"||946.11 mi||West||0° 03' 14.6"||3.72 mi||North||945.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 14.4"||755.15 mi||East||0° 52' 19.9"||60.00 mi||North||755.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sun 6:30 PM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Sun 6:30 PM||1662 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 6:30 PM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Sun 6:30 PM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 7:30 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA)||Sun 6:30 PM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||N|
|Mazatlan||Sun 7:30 PM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 7:30 PM||2017 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Sun 6:30 PM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Sun 6:30 PM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.