Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 2:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 02:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.06 meters/second, 1523.0 km/hour, 946.4 miles/hour or 822.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.0"||946.05 mi||West||0° 03' 13.7"||3.70 mi||North||945.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 16.7"||755.14 mi||East||0° 51' 57.6"||59.57 mi||North||755.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sun 6:40 PM||1782 km||1108 miles||962 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Sun 6:40 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 6:40 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Sun 6:40 PM||1890 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 7:40 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1076 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA)||Sun 6:40 PM||2043 km||1270 miles||1103 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Sun 6:40 PM||2077 km||1291 miles||1121 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Sun 7:40 PM||2180 km||1355 miles||1177 nm||NE|
|Sacramento||Sun 6:40 PM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Sun 6:40 PM||2204 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.