Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.93 meters/second, 1522.6 km/hour, 946.1 miles/hour or 822.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.4"||945.78 mi||West||0° 03' 09.1"||3.62 mi||North||945.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 28.4"||755.14 mi||East||0° 50' 05.6"||57.43 mi||North||755.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 5:30 PM||1890 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||W|
|San Jose||Sun 7:30 PM||2619 km||1628 miles||1414 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Sun 7:30 PM||2620 km||1628 miles||1415 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 7:30 PM||2660 km||1653 miles||1436 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:30 PM||2742 km||1704 miles||1480 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Sun 7:30 PM||3021 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 8:30 PM||3097 km||1925 miles||1672 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Sun 8:30 PM||3142 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||NE|
|Seattle||Sun 7:30 PM||3480 km||2162 miles||1879 nm||NNE|
|Salt Lake City||Sun 8:30 PM||3535 km||2196 miles||1909 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.