Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.77 meters/second, 1522.0 km/hour, 945.7 miles/hour or 821.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.6"||945.40 mi||West||0° 03' 02.7"||3.49 mi||North||945.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 44.2"||755.14 mi||East||0° 47' 28.8"||54.44 mi||North||755.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kailua-Kona||Sun 6:40 PM||80 km||49 miles||43 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Sun 6:40 PM||131 km||82 miles||71 nm||N|
|Napili-Honokowai||Sun 6:40 PM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||N|
|Hilo||Sun 6:40 PM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||E|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:40 PM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:40 PM||1977 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||S|
|Midway||Sun 5:40 PM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:40 PM||3049 km||1895 miles||1646 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:40 PM||3587 km||2229 miles||1937 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 4:40 PM||3714 km||2308 miles||2005 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.