Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 8:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.25 meters/second, 1520.1 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.0"||944.25 mi||West||0° 02' 41.7"||3.09 mi||North||944.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 33.3"||755.15 mi||East||0° 38' 51.5"||44.55 mi||North||754.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 6:30 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:30 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Mon 7:30 PM||1836 km||1141 miles||991 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Mon 5:30 PM||1894 km||1177 miles||1022 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 5:30 PM||1896 km||1178 miles||1024 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 5:30 PM||1899 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 5:30 PM||1905 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 5:30 PM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Mon 5:30 PM||1913 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Mon 5:30 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.