Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, February 18, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.25 meters/second, 1520.1 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.0"||944.24 mi||west||0° 02' 41.5"||3.09 mi||north||944.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 33.7"||755.15 mi||east||0° 38' 49.0"||44.50 mi||north||754.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 6:30 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:30 PM||764 km||474 miles||412 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Mon 7:30 PM||1855 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Mon 5:30 PM||1879 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 5:30 PM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 5:30 PM||1887 km||1172 miles||1019 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 5:30 PM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 5:30 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Mon 5:30 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Mon 5:30 PM||1940 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.