Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 8:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 08:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.23 meters/second, 1520.0 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.9"||944.20 mi||West||0° 02' 40.8"||3.07 mi||North||944.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 35.5"||755.15 mi||East||0° 38' 29.0"||44.12 mi||North||754.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 6:40 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:40 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Mon 5:40 PM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||SW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 5:40 PM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Mon 5:40 PM||1797 km||1117 miles||970 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Mon 5:40 PM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 5:40 PM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Mon 5:40 PM||1825 km||1134 miles||985 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 5:40 PM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 5:40 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.