Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 10:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 10:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.01 meters/second, 1519.2 kilometres/hour, 944.0 miles/hour or 820.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.7"||943.70 mi||West||0° 02' 30.6"||2.88 mi||North||943.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 57.3"||755.16 mi||East||0° 34' 20.5"||39.37 mi||North||754.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Mon 6:30 PM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||NNE|
|Shantou||Mon 6:30 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NNW|
|Tuguegarao||Mon 6:30 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||SE|
|Xiamen||Mon 6:30 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||N|
|Taichung||Mon 6:30 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||NNE|
|Kowloon||Mon 6:30 PM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||WNW|
|Hong Kong||Mon 6:30 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||WNW|
|Tarlac City||Mon 6:30 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||SSE|
|Shenzhen||Mon 6:30 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||WNW|
|Mabalacat||Mon 6:30 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.