Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.99 meters/second, 1519.2 km/hour, 944.0 miles/hour or 820.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.6"||943.65 mi||West||0° 02' 29.5"||2.86 mi||North||943.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 59.2"||755.16 mi||East||0° 33' 57.9"||38.94 mi||North||754.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kowloon||Mon 6:40 PM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||NW|
|Hong Kong||Mon 6:40 PM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||NW|
|Shenzhen||Mon 6:40 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NW|
|Macau||Mon 6:40 PM||363 km||225 miles||196 nm||NW|
|Shantou||Mon 6:40 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||N|
|Guangzhou||Mon 6:40 PM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||NW|
|Foshan||Mon 6:40 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Mon 6:40 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||NNE|
|Kaohsiung||Mon 6:40 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NE|
|Haikou||Mon 6:40 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.