Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 10:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.97 meters/second, 1519.1 kilometres/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.5"||943.61 mi||West||0° 02' 28.6"||2.84 mi||North||943.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 01.0"||755.16 mi||East||0° 33' 35.3"||38.51 mi||North||754.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Macau||Mon 6:50 PM||242 km||151 miles||131 nm||N|
|Hong Kong||Mon 6:50 PM||258 km||161 miles||140 nm||N|
|Kowloon||Mon 6:50 PM||262 km||163 miles||142 nm||NNE|
|Shenzhen||Mon 6:50 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||N|
|Foshan||Mon 6:50 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||N|
|Guangzhou||Mon 6:50 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||N|
|Haikou||Mon 6:50 PM||353 km||220 miles||191 nm||W|
|Zhanjiang||Mon 6:50 PM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||WNW|
|Shantou||Mon 6:50 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||NE|
|Nanning||Mon 6:50 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.