Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 11:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 11:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.87 meters/second, 1518.7 km/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.0"||943.39 mi||West||0° 02' 24.1"||2.75 mi||North||943.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 10.4"||755.16 mi||East||0° 31' 42.1"||36.35 mi||North||754.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luang Prabang||Mon 6:40 PM||57 km||35 miles||31 nm||ESE|
|Chiang Rai||Mon 6:40 PM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||W|
|Vientiane||Mon 6:40 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||SSE|
|Xam Neua||Mon 6:40 PM||257 km||159 miles||139 nm||E|
|Chiang Mai||Mon 6:40 PM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||WSW|
|Udon Thani||Mon 6:40 PM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||SSE|
|Khon Kaen||Mon 6:40 PM||421 km||261 miles||227 nm||SSE|
|Hanoi||Mon 6:40 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||ENE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Mon 6:40 PM||506 km||315 miles||273 nm||SSW|
|Savannakhet||Mon 6:40 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.