Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.28 meters/second, 1516.6 kilometres/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.6"||942.07 mi||West||0° 01' 51.8"||2.14 mi||North||941.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 09.2"||755.21 mi||East||0° 18' 36.5"||21.34 mi||North||754.76 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardaï||Mon 6:26 PM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||NW|
|Faya-Largeau||Mon 6:26 PM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SSE|
|Fada||Mon 6:26 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||SE|
|Kufra||Mon 6:26 PM||706 km||438 miles||381 nm||NE|
|Abéché||Mon 6:26 PM||777 km||483 miles||419 nm||SSE|
|Sabha||Mon 6:26 PM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||NNW|
|Ndjamena||Mon 6:26 PM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||SSW|
|Kano||Mon 6:26 PM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||SW|
|Tripoli||Mon 6:26 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||NNW|
|Khartoum||Mon 8:26 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.