Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.01 meters/second, 1515.6 km/hour, 941.8 miles/hour or 818.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||941.46 mi||West||0° 01' 33.5"||1.79 mi||North||941.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 36.8"||755.25 mi||East||0° 11' 14.4"||12.89 mi||North||754.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Mon 7:40 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||SE|
|Santa Maria||Mon 7:40 PM||768 km||478 miles||415 nm||ESE|
|Praia||Mon 7:40 PM||840 km||522 miles||453 nm||SE|
|Dakar||Mon 8:40 PM||1382 km||859 miles||746 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Mon 8:40 PM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||E|
|Banjul||Mon 8:40 PM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Mon 8:40 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||ESE|
|El Aaiún||Mon 8:40 PM||1779 km||1105 miles||961 nm||ENE|
|Ponta Delgada||Mon 7:40 PM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||N|
|Conakry||Mon 8:40 PM||2036 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.