Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, February 18, 2013 at 10:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, February 18, 2013 at 22:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.87 meters/second, 1515.1 kilometres/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||941.14 mi||West||0° 01' 22.2"||1.57 mi||North||941.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 51.8"||755.27 mi||East||0° 06' 40.3"||7.65 mi||North||755.04 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Mon 6:40 PM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 6:40 PM||540 km||335 miles||292 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Mon 6:40 PM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Mon 6:40 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||WSW|
|Philipsburg||Mon 6:40 PM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||WSW|
|Marigot||Mon 6:40 PM||588 km||365 miles||318 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Mon 6:40 PM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||SW|
|Brades||Mon 6:40 PM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 6:40 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SW|
|Charlestown||Mon 6:40 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.