Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 2:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 02:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.64 meters/second, 1514.3 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.1"||940.62 mi||West||0° 01' 00.5"||1.16 mi||North||940.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 16.3"||755.33 mi||East||0° 02' 05.5"||2.40 mi||South||755.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Mon 7:30 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Mon 8:30 PM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Mon 7:30 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||NNE|
|Durango||Mon 8:30 PM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Mon 8:30 PM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||E|
|Chihuahua||Mon 7:30 PM||1189 km||739 miles||642 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Mon 8:30 PM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||E|
|Leon||Mon 8:30 PM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||E|
|Tucson||Mon 7:30 PM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||NNE|
|San Luis Potosi||Mon 8:30 PM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.