Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 5:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 05:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.50 meters/second, 1513.8 km/hour, 940.6 miles/hour or 817.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.01 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.1"||940.33 mi||West||0° 00' 43.7"||0.84 mi||North||940.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 31.0"||755.37 mi||East||0° 08' 48.4"||10.10 mi||South||755.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wailuku||Mon 7:26 PM||46 km||29 miles||25 nm||NNW|
|Napili-Honokowai||Mon 7:26 PM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||NW|
|Kailua-Kona||Mon 7:26 PM||103 km||64 miles||55 nm||SSE|
|Hilo||Mon 7:26 PM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:26 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:26 PM||2068 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 6:26 PM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:26 PM||3145 km||1954 miles||1698 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:26 PM||3688 km||2292 miles||1991 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco||Mon 9:26 PM||3778 km||2348 miles||2040 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.