Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 8:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.41 meters/second, 1513.5 km/hour, 940.4 miles/hour or 817.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.9"||940.11 mi||West||0° 00' 26.3"||0.50 mi||North||940.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 42.7"||755.42 mi||East||0° 15' 49.7"||18.15 mi||South||756.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 8:30 PM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||E|
|Palikir||Tue 7:30 PM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:30 PM||1726 km||1072 miles||932 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 8:30 PM||1968 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 8:30 PM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Mon 9:30 PM||2517 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||ENE|
|Yokohama||Tue 5:30 PM||2525 km||1569 miles||1363 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Tue 5:30 PM||2537 km||1577 miles||1370 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Tue 8:30 PM||2595 km||1613 miles||1401 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:30 PM||3016 km||1874 miles||1628 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.