Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.38 meters/second, 1513.4 kilometres/hour, 940.4 miles/hour or 817.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.4"||940.04 mi||West||0° 00' 18.5"||0.35 mi||North||940.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 46.6"||755.44 mi||East||0° 18' 57.4"||21.74 mi||South||756.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 7:52 PM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 7:52 PM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 6:52 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Tue 6:52 PM||1575 km||979 miles||850 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Tue 6:52 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Tue 6:52 PM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Tue 6:52 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Tue 6:52 PM||1618 km||1005 miles||874 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 6:52 PM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Tue 6:52 PM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.