Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.38 meters/second, 1513.4 km/hour, 940.4 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.4"||940.11 mi||west||0° 00' 18.4"||0.35 mi||north||940.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 46.6"||755.50 mi||east||0° 19' 00.1"||21.79 mi||south||756.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 7:52 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 7:52 PM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 6:52 PM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Tue 6:52 PM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Tue 6:52 PM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Tue 6:52 PM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||N|
|Osaka||Tue 6:52 PM||1601 km||995 miles||865 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Tue 6:52 PM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Tue 6:52 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Tue 6:52 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.