Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.36 meters/second, 1513.3 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.2"||940.01 mi||West||0° 00' 13.9"||0.27 mi||North||940.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 48.4"||755.46 mi||East||0° 20' 47.3"||23.84 mi||South||756.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Tue 7:40 PM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||N|
|Kaohsiung||Tue 6:40 PM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||WNW|
|Taipei||Tue 6:40 PM||810 km||504 miles||438 nm||NW|
|Taoyuan City||Tue 6:40 PM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Tue 6:40 PM||833 km||517 miles||450 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Tue 6:40 PM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||SW|
|Manila||Tue 6:40 PM||978 km||607 miles||528 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Tue 6:40 PM||1058 km||657 miles||571 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Tue 6:40 PM||1084 km||674 miles||585 nm||WNW|
|Shantou||Tue 6:40 PM||1185 km||736 miles||640 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.