Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.37 meters/second, 1513.3 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.7"||940.02 mi||West||0° 00' 25.8"||0.49 mi||South||940.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 54.2"||755.59 mi||East||0° 36' 38.7"||42.02 mi||South||758.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kufra||Tue 6:36 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||NW|
|Kharga Oasis||Tue 7:36 PM||644 km||400 miles||347 nm||NNE|
|Aswan||Tue 7:36 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||NE|
|Khartoum||Tue 8:36 PM||794 km||493 miles||428 nm||SE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Tue 8:36 PM||881 km||547 miles||476 nm||SSE|
|Faya-Largeau||Tue 6:36 PM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||WSW|
|Siwa Oasis||Tue 7:36 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||N|
|Abéché||Tue 6:36 PM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||SW|
|Cairo||Tue 7:36 PM||1128 km||701 miles||609 nm||NNE|
|Alexandria||Tue 7:36 PM||1213 km||753 miles||655 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.