Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.38 meters/second, 1513.4 kilometres/hour, 940.4 miles/hour or 817.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.5"||940.05 mi||West||0° 00' 30.6"||0.58 mi||South||940.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 53.5"||755.61 mi||East||0° 38' 32.9"||44.20 mi||South||758.46 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardaï||Tue 7:26 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||ENE|
|Faya-Largeau||Tue 7:26 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||SE|
|Sabha||Tue 7:26 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||N|
|Arlit||Tue 7:26 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||WSW|
|Ndjamena||Tue 7:26 PM||936 km||581 miles||505 nm||S|
|Kufra||Tue 7:26 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||ENE|
|Abéché||Tue 7:26 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||SE|
|Zinder||Tue 7:26 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||SW|
|Tamanrasset||Tue 7:26 PM||1014 km||630 miles||548 nm||WNW|
|Kano||Tue 7:26 PM||1175 km||730 miles||635 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.