Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 11:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 23:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.54 meters/second, 1513.9 kilometres/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.0"||940.40 mi||West||0° 00' 59.2"||1.13 mi||South||940.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 43.5"||755.71 mi||East||0° 49' 56.2"||57.25 mi||South||759.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 7:26 PM||551 km||343 miles||298 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 7:26 PM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Tue 7:26 PM||628 km||391 miles||339 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Tue 7:26 PM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 7:26 PM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||SW|
|Philipsburg||Tue 7:26 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Tue 7:26 PM||642 km||399 miles||346 nm||SW|
|Marigot||Tue 7:26 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 7:26 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||WSW|
|Charlestown||Tue 7:26 PM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.