Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 3:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 03:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.77 meters/second, 1514.8 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||940.92 mi||West||0° 01' 24.5"||1.62 mi||South||940.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 26.1"||755.82 mi||East||0° 59' 59.5"||68.78 mi||South||761.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Tue 7:52 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Tue 7:52 PM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 8:52 PM||1462 km||909 miles||790 nm||NE|
|Mexicali||Tue 7:52 PM||1497 km||930 miles||808 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 7:52 PM||1552 km||965 miles||838 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Tue 8:52 PM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Tue 8:52 PM||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Tue 7:52 PM||1861 km||1156 miles||1005 nm||NNE|
|San Jose (USA)||Tue 7:52 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||N|
|San Francisco||Tue 7:52 PM||1925 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.