Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.84 meters/second, 1515.0 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||South||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.7"||941.09 mi||West||0° 01' 31.3"||1.74 mi||South||941.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 20.3"||755.85 mi||East||1° 02' 37.7"||71.80 mi||South||761.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 7:02 PM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||W|
|San Jose||Tue 9:02 PM||2492 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Tue 9:02 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 9:02 PM||2529 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Tue 9:02 PM||2545 km||1582 miles||1374 nm||NE|
|Tijuana||Tue 9:02 PM||2546 km||1582 miles||1375 nm||NE|
|Sacramento||Tue 9:02 PM||2615 km||1625 miles||1412 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:02 PM||2872 km||1785 miles||1551 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Tue 9:02 PM||2890 km||1796 miles||1560 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 10:02 PM||2969 km||1845 miles||1603 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.