Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 08:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.13 meters/second, 1516.1 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.70 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||south||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.1"||941.74 mi||west||0° 01' 53.1"||2.16 mi||south||941.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 57.4"||755.95 mi||east||1° 11' 15.5"||81.70 mi||south||763.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 8:52 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Wed 8:52 PM||1576 km||979 miles||851 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 7:52 PM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 9:52 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Wed 8:52 PM||2240 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 8:52 PM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:52 PM||2338 km||1453 miles||1262 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:52 PM||2962 km||1841 miles||1599 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Wed 5:52 PM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Wed 7:52 PM||3344 km||2078 miles||1805 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.