Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.13 meters/second, 1516.1 km/hour, 942.0 miles/hour or 818.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.1"||941.74 mi||West||0° 01' 53.1"||2.16 mi||South||941.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 57.4"||755.95 mi||East||1° 11' 15.5"||81.70 mi||South||763.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Wed 8:52 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Wed 8:52 PM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 7:52 PM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 9:52 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Wed 8:52 PM||2240 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 8:52 PM||2309 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:52 PM||2338 km||1453 miles||1262 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:52 PM||2962 km||1841 miles||1599 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Wed 5:52 PM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Wed 7:52 PM||3344 km||2078 miles||1805 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.