Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.20 meters/second, 1516.3 km/hour, 942.2 miles/hour or 818.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.1"||941.90 mi||West||0° 01' 58.0"||2.25 mi||South||942.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 51.7"||755.98 mi||East||1° 13' 07.8"||83.84 mi||South||763.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 7:42 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 7:42 PM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Wed 9:42 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||E|
|Palikir||Wed 8:42 PM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Wed 6:42 PM||2164 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 6:42 PM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Wed 6:42 PM||2315 km||1439 miles||1250 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Wed 6:42 PM||2379 km||1479 miles||1285 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Wed 6:42 PM||2384 km||1482 miles||1287 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Wed 6:42 PM||2403 km||1493 miles||1298 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.