Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.22 meters/second, 1516.4 km/hour, 942.2 miles/hour or 818.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.1"||941.93 mi||West||0° 01' 58.9"||2.27 mi||South||942.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 50.6"||755.98 mi||East||1° 13' 30.2"||84.27 mi||South||763.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 7:52 PM||792 km||492 miles||427 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 7:52 PM||1005 km||624 miles||543 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Wed 9:52 PM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||E|
|Palikir||Wed 8:52 PM||1664 km||1034 miles||899 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Wed 6:52 PM||2024 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Wed 6:52 PM||2038 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Wed 6:52 PM||2157 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Wed 6:52 PM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Wed 6:52 PM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Wed 6:52 PM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.