Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.23 meters/second, 1516.4 km/hour, 942.3 miles/hour or 818.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.1"||941.96 mi||West||0° 01' 59.8"||2.29 mi||South||942.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 49.3"||755.99 mi||East||1° 13' 52.7"||84.70 mi||South||763.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 8:02 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 8:02 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Wed 9:02 PM||1799 km||1118 miles||972 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 10:02 PM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Wed 7:02 PM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Wed 7:02 PM||1905 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Wed 7:02 PM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Wed 7:02 PM||1921 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Wed 7:02 PM||1924 km||1195 miles||1039 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 7:02 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.