Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.31 meters/second, 1516.7 kilometres/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 819.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.2"||942.13 mi||West||0° 02' 04.6"||2.38 mi||South||942.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 43.2"||756.01 mi||East||1° 15' 44.5"||86.83 mi||South||763.95 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 8:52 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||SE|
|Kagoshima||Wed 7:52 PM||1393 km||866 miles||752 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Wed 7:52 PM||1422 km||884 miles||768 nm||S|
|Kumamoto||Wed 7:52 PM||1509 km||937 miles||815 nm||NNW|
|Fukuoka||Wed 7:52 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Wed 7:52 PM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||N|
|Kobe||Wed 7:52 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||N|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 7:52 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Wed 7:52 PM||1613 km||1002 miles||871 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Wed 6:52 PM||1631 km||1013 miles||881 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.