Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.32 meters/second, 1516.8 kilometres/hour, 942.5 miles/hour or 819.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.2"||942.17 mi||West||0° 02' 05.5"||2.40 mi||South||942.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 42.0"||756.02 mi||East||1° 16' 07.0"||87.26 mi||South||764.02 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kagoshima||Wed 8:02 PM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||NNW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 9:02 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||ESE|
|Taipei||Wed 7:02 PM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Wed 8:02 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||S|
|Kumamoto||Wed 8:02 PM||1435 km||891 miles||775 nm||NNW|
|Quezon||Wed 7:02 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Wed 7:02 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||WSW|
|Fukuoka||Wed 8:02 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Wed 8:02 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Wed 8:02 PM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.