Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.34 meters/second, 1516.8 km/hour, 942.5 miles/hour or 819.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.2"||942.20 mi||west||0° 02' 06.5"||2.42 mi||south||942.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 40.6"||756.02 mi||east||1° 16' 31.9"||87.74 mi||south||764.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taipei||Wed 7:12 PM||1149 km||714 miles||621 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Wed 7:12 PM||1257 km||781 miles||678 nm||WSW|
|Kagoshima||Wed 8:12 PM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||N|
|Manila||Wed 7:12 PM||1267 km||787 miles||684 nm||WSW|
|Kumamoto||Wed 8:12 PM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||N|
|Foochow||Wed 7:12 PM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Wed 8:12 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||SSE|
|Xiamen||Wed 7:12 PM||1451 km||902 miles||783 nm||WNW|
|Fukuoka||Wed 8:12 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Wed 8:12 PM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.