Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 12:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 12:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.42 meters/second, 1517.1 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.3"||942.38 mi||West||0° 02' 11.2"||2.51 mi||South||942.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 34.3"||756.05 mi||East||1° 18' 21.1"||89.82 mi||South||764.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Wed 8:02 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||NNE|
|Baguio City||Wed 8:02 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SSE|
|Taichung||Wed 8:02 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||NNE|
|Shantou||Wed 8:02 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Wed 8:02 PM||498 km||310 miles||269 nm||NNW|
|Tarlac City||Wed 8:02 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SSE|
|Hsinchu||Wed 8:02 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||NNE|
|Mabalacat||Wed 8:02 PM||560 km||348 miles||303 nm||S|
|Taoyuan City||Wed 8:02 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||NNE|
|Angeles||Wed 8:02 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.