Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 3:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 15:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.82 meters/second, 1518.5 kilometres/hour, 943.6 miles/hour or 820.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.0"||943.28 mi||West||0° 02' 33.0"||2.92 mi||South||943.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 01.8"||756.17 mi||East||1° 26' 52.7"||99.60 mi||South||766.06 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karachi||Wed 8:52 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||NNE|
|Muscat||Wed 7:52 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||NW|
|Seeb||Wed 7:52 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||NW|
|Nizwa||Wed 7:52 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||WNW|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Wed 8:52 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||NE|
|Surat||Wed 9:22 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Wed 9:22 PM||940 km||584 miles||507 nm||E|
|Ahmedabad||Wed 9:22 PM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||ENE|
|Al Ain||Wed 7:52 PM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||WNW|
|Vadodara||Wed 9:22 PM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.