Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 17:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.95 meters/second, 1519.0 km/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.4"||943.59 mi||West||0° 02' 39.6"||3.05 mi||South||943.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 50.9"||756.21 mi||East||1° 29' 27.8"||102.56 mi||South||766.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khamis Mushait||Wed 8:02 PM||487 km||302 miles||263 nm||WSW|
|Riyadh||Wed 8:02 PM||516 km||320 miles||278 nm||N|
|Sana||Wed 8:02 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||SSW|
|Al Mukalla||Wed 8:02 PM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||SSE|
|Hofuf||Wed 8:02 PM||654 km||407 miles||353 nm||NNE|
|Al Hudaydah||Wed 8:02 PM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||SW|
|Doha||Wed 8:02 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Wed 8:02 PM||751 km||467 miles||406 nm||NNE|
|Riffa||Wed 8:02 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||NNE|
|Buraidah||Wed 8:02 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.