Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 20:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 20:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.44 meters/second, 1520.8 km/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.75 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.3"||944.67 mi||west||0° 03' 01.2"||3.46 mi||south||944.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 11.6"||756.36 mi||east||1° 37' 56.4"||112.27 mi||south||768.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Wed 8:52 PM||300 km||187 miles||162 nm||WSW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 8:52 PM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||WSW|
|Bamako||Wed 8:52 PM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||S|
|Rosso||Wed 8:52 PM||817 km||507 miles||441 nm||WSW|
|Smara||Wed 8:52 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||NNW|
|Tambacounda||Wed 8:52 PM||839 km||522 miles||453 nm||SW|
|Dakhla||Wed 8:52 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||WNW|
|Nouadhibou||Wed 8:52 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||W|
|Tindouf||Wed 9:52 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||N|
|Koutiala||Wed 8:52 PM||899 km||559 miles||485 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.