Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.59 meters/second, 1521.3 km/hour, 945.3 miles/hour or 821.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||south||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.7"||945.02 mi||west||0° 03' 07.6"||3.59 mi||south||945.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 59.2"||756.41 mi||east||1° 40' 27.1"||115.15 mi||south||768.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Wed 9:02 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||S|
|Santa Maria||Wed 9:02 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||SE|
|Praia||Wed 9:02 PM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||SSE|
|Nouadhibou||Wed 10:02 PM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Wed 10:02 PM||1026 km||637 miles||554 nm||E|
|Dakar||Wed 10:02 PM||1030 km||640 miles||556 nm||ESE|
|Banjul||Wed 10:02 PM||1185 km||736 miles||640 nm||SE|
|Bissau||Wed 10:02 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||SE|
|El Aaiún||Wed 10:02 PM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Wed 10:02 PM||1705 km||1059 miles||921 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.