Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.71 meters/second, 1521.8 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.9"||945.28 mi||West||0° 03' 12.3"||3.68 mi||South||945.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 49.8"||756.44 mi||East||1° 42' 16.1"||117.24 mi||South||769.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Wed 9:52 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Wed 10:52 PM||2220 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Wed 7:52 PM||2281 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Wed 10:52 PM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||E|
|Ponta Delgada||Wed 9:52 PM||2312 km||1437 miles||1248 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Wed 10:52 PM||2351 km||1461 miles||1270 nm||ESE|
|Paramaribo||Wed 7:52 PM||2440 km||1516 miles||1317 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 6:52 PM||2455 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||WSW|
|Bissau||Wed 10:52 PM||2516 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||ESE|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 6:52 PM||2552 km||1586 miles||1378 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.