Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 23:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.74 meters/second, 1521.9 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 03.1"||0.06 mi||south||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.0"||945.34 mi||west||0° 03' 13.3"||3.70 mi||south||945.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 47.7"||756.45 mi||east||1° 42' 40.4"||117.70 mi||south||769.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Wed 10:02 PM||1864 km||1158 miles||1007 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Wed 8:02 PM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 7:02 PM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||WSW|
|Paramaribo||Wed 8:02 PM||2221 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 7:02 PM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||W|
|Roseau||Wed 7:02 PM||2285 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||W|
|Castries||Wed 7:02 PM||2285 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 7:02 PM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 7:02 PM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Wed 7:02 PM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.