Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 3:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 03:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.44 meters/second, 1524.4 km/hour, 947.2 miles/hour or 823.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.7"||946.91 mi||West||0° 03' 39.2"||4.19 mi||South||947.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 51.7"||756.67 mi||East||1° 52' 44.0"||129.23 mi||South||771.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Wed 9:42 PM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||ENE|
|Tepic||Wed 8:42 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||NE|
|Colima||Wed 9:42 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||E|
|Mazatlan||Wed 8:42 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Wed 9:42 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Durango||Wed 9:42 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Wed 9:42 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||ENE|
|Zacatecas||Wed 9:42 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NE|
|Fresnillo||Wed 9:42 PM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||NE|
|Leon||Wed 9:42 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.