Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 4:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.49 meters/second, 1524.6 km/hour, 947.3 miles/hour or 823.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||947.03 mi||West||0° 03' 41.1"||4.23 mi||South||947.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 47.6"||756.69 mi||East||1° 53' 27.1"||130.05 mi||South||771.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Wed 9:02 PM||771 km||479 miles||417 nm||NE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Wed 10:02 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||E|
|Durango||Wed 10:02 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||ENE|
|Guadalajara||Wed 10:02 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Wed 9:02 PM||1086 km||675 miles||586 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Wed 10:02 PM||1113 km||691 miles||601 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Wed 10:02 PM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||ENE|
|Chihuahua||Wed 9:02 PM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||NNE|
|San Luis Potosi||Wed 10:02 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||ENE|
|Acapulco||Wed 10:02 PM||1380 km||858 miles||745 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.