Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 4:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.62 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.1"||947.33 mi||West||0° 03' 45.7"||4.31 mi||South||947.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 36.8"||756.73 mi||East||1° 55' 14.2"||132.10 mi||South||772.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Wed 8:52 PM||1649 km||1025 miles||891 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Wed 8:52 PM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Wed 8:52 PM||1739 km||1080 miles||939 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 8:52 PM||1750 km||1087 miles||945 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 9:52 PM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Wed 9:52 PM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Wed 9:52 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA)||Wed 8:52 PM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||N|
|San Francisco||Wed 8:52 PM||2054 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Wed 8:52 PM||2083 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.