Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 7:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 07:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.13 meters/second, 1526.9 km/hour, 948.8 miles/hour or 824.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.4"||948.47 mi||West||0° 04' 02.2"||4.63 mi||South||948.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 57.0"||756.90 mi||East||2° 01' 38.0"||139.42 mi||South||774.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 9:52 PM||1116 km||693 miles||602 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Wed 8:52 PM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:52 PM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 7:52 PM||2281 km||1417 miles||1232 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 7:52 PM||2573 km||1599 miles||1389 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 7:52 PM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 7:52 PM||2832 km||1759 miles||1529 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 8:52 PM||3172 km||1971 miles||1713 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 7:52 PM||3356 km||2085 miles||1812 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 7:52 PM||3477 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.