Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 8:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 08:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.28 meters/second, 1527.4 km/hour, 949.1 miles/hour or 824.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||948.80 mi||West||0° 04' 06.8"||4.72 mi||South||949.01 mi|
|24 hours||348° 25' 14.1"||756.95 mi||West||2° 03' 23.9"||141.45 mi||South||774.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Wed 9:42 PM||1054 km||655 miles||569 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Thu 8:42 PM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 8:42 PM||1601 km||995 miles||864 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 8:42 PM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 8:42 PM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 10:42 PM||2365 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||E|
|Yaren||Thu 8:42 PM||2579 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 7:42 PM||2685 km||1668 miles||1450 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 8:42 PM||3056 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 10:42 PM||3155 km||1960 miles||1703 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.