Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.46 meters/second, 1528.0 km/hour, 949.5 miles/hour or 825.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.3"||949.20 mi||West||0° 04' 12.3"||4.82 mi||South||949.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 31.8"||757.01 mi||East||2° 05' 30.7"||143.86 mi||South||775.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 9:42 PM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 9:42 PM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 8:42 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 10:42 PM||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Thu 9:42 PM||2132 km||1325 miles||1151 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 9:42 PM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 7:42 PM||2259 km||1403 miles||1220 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:42 PM||2897 km||1800 miles||1564 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Thu 6:42 PM||3101 km||1927 miles||1674 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Thu 8:42 PM||3199 km||1988 miles||1728 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.