Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.46 meters/second, 1528.1 km/hour, 949.5 miles/hour or 825.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.82 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||south||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.3"||949.21 mi||west||0° 04' 12.5"||4.82 mi||south||949.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 31.6"||757.01 mi||east||2° 05' 32.9"||143.91 mi||south||775.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 9:42 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 9:42 PM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 8:42 PM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 10:42 PM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Thu 9:42 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 9:42 PM||2177 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 7:42 PM||2231 km||1386 miles||1205 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:42 PM||2918 km||1813 miles||1576 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Thu 6:42 PM||3080 km||1914 miles||1663 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Thu 8:42 PM||3194 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.