Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.49 meters/second, 1528.1 km/hour, 949.5 miles/hour or 825.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.4"||949.27 mi||West||0° 04' 13.3"||4.84 mi||South||949.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 29.6"||757.02 mi||East||2° 05' 51.7"||144.27 mi||South||775.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 9:52 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 8:52 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 9:52 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 7:52 PM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 9:52 PM||2214 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Thu 9:52 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Wed 10:52 PM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||ENE|
|Tokyo||Thu 6:52 PM||2915 km||1811 miles||1574 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:52 PM||3086 km||1917 miles||1666 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Thu 8:52 PM||3162 km||1965 miles||1707 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.