Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 10:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 10:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.64 meters/second, 1528.7 km/hour, 949.9 miles/hour or 825.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.7"||949.61 mi||West||0° 04' 17.8"||4.93 mi||South||949.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 17.7"||757.07 mi||East||2° 07' 36.9"||146.27 mi||South||775.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 8:42 PM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 8:42 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 9:42 PM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:42 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||913 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Thu 7:42 PM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 7:42 PM||2140 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Thu 7:42 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||SW|
|Nagoya||Thu 7:42 PM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Thu 7:42 PM||2291 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Thu 7:42 PM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.