Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.67 meters/second, 1528.8 km/hour, 950.0 miles/hour or 825.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.83 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||south||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||949.68 mi||west||0° 04' 18.7"||4.94 mi||south||949.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 15.5"||757.08 mi||east||2° 07' 57.9"||146.68 mi||south||775.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 8:52 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 8:52 PM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Thu 9:52 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 7:52 PM||1937 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:52 PM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Thu 7:52 PM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 7:52 PM||2032 km||1263 miles||1097 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 7:52 PM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Thu 7:52 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||NNW|
|Kyoto||Thu 7:52 PM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.