Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.67 meters/second, 1528.8 km/hour, 950.0 miles/hour or 825.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||949.68 mi||West||0° 04' 18.7"||4.94 mi||South||949.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 15.5"||757.08 mi||East||2° 07' 57.9"||146.68 mi||South||775.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 8:52 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 8:52 PM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Thu 9:52 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 7:52 PM||1937 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Thu 10:52 PM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Thu 7:52 PM||2014 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 7:52 PM||2032 km||1263 miles||1097 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 7:52 PM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Thu 7:52 PM||2144 km||1332 miles||1158 nm||NNW|
|Kyoto||Thu 7:52 PM||2159 km||1342 miles||1166 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.