Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 11:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 11:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.85 meters/second, 1529.5 km/hour, 950.4 miles/hour or 825.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.3"||950.09 mi||West||0° 04' 24.2"||5.05 mi||South||950.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 01.2"||757.14 mi||East||2° 10' 03.6"||149.08 mi||South||776.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 8:52 PM||1264 km||786 miles||683 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 9:52 PM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||ESE|
|Quezon||Thu 7:52 PM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Thu 7:52 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Thu 7:52 PM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||WSW|
|Kagoshima||Thu 8:52 PM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Thu 8:52 PM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||N|
|Davao||Thu 7:52 PM||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||SW|
|Fukuoka||Thu 8:52 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Thu 8:52 PM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.